1. What kind of information do we collect?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your BrewMalt experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or Application or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Application, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information (see "Cookies", below).
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from BrewMalt Application if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
2. What do we do with the information we collect?
- We use the information we collect in a number of ways:
- to operate our website and application and provide the information and services you ask for, including downloads, promotions
- to deal with your customer service requests
- for internal analysis and research to improve our website and other products and services
- to send you newsletters and marketing information about Castle Malting products and services, offers.
- to send administrative emails (for example, if you forget your password)
- to prevent and detect fraud and abuse of our website, application or services.
3. Who else has access to your information
Our company, local distributors may have access to your information in order to manage that information for us and to provide you with information and services requested by you. If you are not happy for us to transfer your information in this way, you should not access and use our website or application.
In exceptional circumstances, we may disclose your personal information if required by law or to protect or defend ourselves or others against illegal or harmful activities. If our business is sold or restructured, your details may be transferred as part of the business.
Our website and application contain cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website sends to your computer to record your online activity. Cookies may be used on our website to help personalise your use of our website and application, improve how you use certain aspects of our website and application and to record your online activity. You can disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings, but if you do so, some functions on our website or application may not work correctly.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimise unauthorised access to or disclosure of your information. However, we do not guarantee that we will eliminate all risk of misuse of your personal information by intruders. Please keep any passwords for your accounts safe and do not disclose them to anyone else. You must contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or other security breach.
The community areas accessed via our website and application are open to the public. You should avoid disclosing any information in these areas which may identify you or anyone else. We are not responsible for the protection or security of information which you disclose in these areas.
6. What is BrewMalt Application's policy on allowing you to access, update, correct, or delete your personally identifiable information?
You may access and edit your registration information by using your BrewMalt Application User ID and password. Unfortunately, absent extenuating circumstances which you must specifically communicate to us in a signed writing, we do not allow you to delete your registration information or to deactivate your registration information account. The BrewMalt Application, through its independent trustworthy web service provider will make reasonable efforts to see that your instructions to make revisions to your personal information are made. For any information that was erroneously provided by the applicant but was already submitted and can no longer be changed or re-submitted, you must contact the Castle Malting Customer Service to alert them to the erroneous information. You may also update your email address within your on-line profile, application or supplement, though once your email address information has been submitted.
We are committed to addressing parents' concerns about the use of their children's personal information. We ask all visitors who are under 13 years of age (or in some cases older) to obtain their parent or guardian's permission before providing any personal information.
8. Contacting us
If you have general queries, please contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are legally entitled to know what personal information an organisation holds about you and how that information is processed.